Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Home At Last

Finally I can start to get my bearings around my home office. The question is where do I go from here? To answer my own question I need only look at the screen in front of me. My daughter knows more about computer communication than I do, kind of scary eh? But then again when I look back to my parents generation new gadgets like the micro wave were cutting edge. Dad was the first person on the block to have a telephone in England and that was in the early fifties.

Technology is a great thing if you are brought up with it if not it can be very intimidating. Looking back I realize the one thing that has kept me back more than anything is the fear of making a mistake. Ironically as we all know one of the best ways to learn is by making mistakes I guess that must be my first mistake which puts me on the road to making more of them by the time I'm done I should be damn near a genius. But then again I may be mistaken.

"Miss taken" I would imagine it would be better to be "Miss taken" than not to be taken at all. Now if we take all these "Miss takens" into account things may just add up to something. Make no mistake about it and you may just miss it all together. So I guess the lesson in all this is a mistake or is it? After all that maybe now you can see why I get so confused.

Actually I overheard my aunt talking to my Mother one day and I overheard my mother say to my aunt "Yes Olive Alan was a mistake but he was the best mistake we ever had" I never did hear what my aunts reply was to that.

Taking a closer look at how my life has progressed I feel that I have learned one thing and that is that I don't know much at all. Maybe that's why I keep trying to find answers so that just for once I might know a smidgen about why we're all here in the first place.

The artwork that I produce for the most part gives me a sense of purpose. Focus in life as I mentioned briefly in a previous blog goes along with that sense of purpose if we cannot keep our attention to a task and we are constantly wandering around our consciousness our chances of accomplishing anything of significance with our lives is greatly reduced if not impossible.

If ever people are to read these words I must find ways of getting them noticed. Part of the creative process is the interaction of minds man achieves his greatest goals when he works in concert with his fellow man. The farther you roam from a place geographically the individuals if there are any, melt into the surroundings from a high altitude you cannot make out an individual but the city scape is unmistakable. Gravity of purpose is only observable through the acts of many whether it be those who observe or the creators themselves.

So make a mistake today and tell them whoever asks that I told you to.


Till Next Time ....

No comments:

Post a Comment